Ford promised to find $525.6 million in undefined "gravy train" expenses the city didn't need.
Nine months later Rob Ford is now proposing to cut over $443 million in city services (aka, he is cutting the "meat and potatoes" instead of the gravy). Among those to be hit are:
750 Police layoffs
Library closures and firing of library staff
Snow clearance staff
Street sweeping staff
2000 city run/subsidized daycare staff
Its a thick list of city services... everything from water safety to day care centres. And the list may get longer. A separate list of cuts to city services totals $700 million and include scrapping a program that funds 685 student nutrition programs, 42 AIDS prevention projects and 38 community crime/drug prevention programs.
Ford also hopes to sell or privatize:
The Toronto Zoo
The Toronto Waterfront
The Don Valley Parkway (turn it into a toll road)
Garbage collection services
Police clean up services
And he wants to halt / scrap:
The TTC's overnight buses (Blue Night Service)
The Toronto Atmospheric Fund (environmental grants)
In January Rob Ford revised his promise to no “major” service reductions.
As of last Thursday Rob Ford is now refusing to even call them "cuts".
And so the backpeddling of promises into outright lies begins.
Rob Ford is now also contemplating raising taxes "at least 3%" according to one source. Why? Because he is bankrupting the city with his other crazed spending measures. The cutting of the vehicle registration tax means Ford doesn't have the money to support the other things he wants to spend money on and instead cutting everything he can (including breaking promises) in an effort to avoid raising taxes.
- Ford wants to fire TTC Chief
- Rob Ford opposes traffic lights beside schools
- Toronto needs to be thinking bigger, not smaller
- Cutting $1 from arts funding hurts city coffers $17
- Who wants to clean up blood and feces for $10.25?
- Ford ally Stintz opposes library cuts
- Facebook Groups against Rob Ford
- Rob Ford's history of bad conduct
- Rob Ford gives mother and daughter the finger
- Doug Ford angry at Margaret Atwood for calling him a liar
- Doug Ford Vs Etobicoke Libraries
- Rob Ford's Lies Vs Facts
- Rob Ford’s financial numbers don’t add up